GSOC: PID namespace translation support for strace

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Sat Apr 4 16:28:32 UTC 2020

On Sat, Apr 04, 2020 at 05:52:27PM +0200, Ákos Uzonyi wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Apr 2020 at 12:39, Dmitry V. Levin <ldv at altlinux.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 04, 2020 at 11:18:56AM +0200, Ákos Uzonyi wrote:
> > > I meant a syscall set containing all syscalls that are dealing with
> > > (returning or accepting as a parameter) user ids or group ids.
> >
> > Is it different from %creds class?
>
> Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't notice it was already
> implemented (I've taken the idea from the microprojects wiki page).
>
> What do you think about a time class?
> It would include syscalls used for timing purposes or getting/setting
> the system clocks (timer related syscalls, nanosleep, alarm, clock_*,
> (get|set)timeofday, time, stime, *adjtime*).
>
> I'm not sure, but maybe syscalls with a timeout parameter should be
> also included (or they could be an other new class).

Could you be more specific which of many time-related syscalls do you
propose to include into the new class and why?

For example, choose your favorite architecture and list all syscalls
available on that architecture you'd like to see in that class, for one
reason or another.  This would help you to define the criteria of
selection for the proposed syscall class.