Newcomer to strace

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at strace.io
Sat Mar 18 12:35:29 UTC 2023

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 01:40:09AM +0530, Shubham Kumar wrote:
> Hi everyone, I'm Shubham Kumar, an active contributor in GitHub. I am
> familiar with the required tools and techs needed for strace projects and I
> am also familiar with how eBPF is implemented/functioned in the kernel
> through XDP and TC. I am more interested in contributing to your
> projects(Support for BTF and other BPF decoding improvements, Implement the
> features requested on Github, Improve statistics handling) because
> that matches my skills. Though I'm a bit late, I would try my best to give
> my full effort. I would to grateful to you if someone let me know where to
> start working because it was a little bit hard for me starting as a
> beginner on these projects.

Thank you for showing your interest in contributing to the strace
project. Please take a look at [1], [2], and [3] as starting points
for suitable microprojects. If you have any specific questions, don't
hesitate to ask.

[1] https://strace.io/wiki/MicroProjects
[2] https://strace.io/wiki/FeatureRequests
[3] https://github.com/strace/strace/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+-label%3Apatch