Work Outline for Comprehensive Test Suite
archsbran at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 16:24:14 UTC 2020
Below is the work outline for the gsoc proposal, please suggest
improvements wherever required.
1) Currently the strace-DDD.test fails, and as mentioned on the
mailing list there is an intermittent problem with strace-DD.test.
The solution to the strace-DDD.test is already proposed on the mailing
list. It would be implemented and submitted for review.
2) After that the problem with strace-DD.test will be reproduced and a
solution will be proposed and discussed for further action.
3) Involve in extending decoder capability which could be helpful in
understanding to write tests better. For ex: extending HDIO_* decoder.
As currently only HDIO_GETGEO is available.
4) Write decoder tests wherever required. The coverage of files like
fs_x_ioctl, statx, sysctl, ubi, kvm, term is close 0%. These would be
the first targets.
5) Further discuss about critical files which need test coverage. For
ex: prctl, process, ioctl, etc.
6) Understand previous code and move on to write behavioural
corner case tests to check for type sizes, signedness, handling of
pointers to invalid memory, etc.
More information about the Strace-devel