[GSOC] Hello world!

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Sun May 8 21:14:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 08:07:08AM +0800, Yun-Chih Chen wrote:
> Hi, strace community:
>
>     My name is Yun-Chih Chen.  I'm luckily selected by strace to work on
> multi-architectural testings in GSOC this year.  My main goal is to ensure
> strace get tested on all architectures it supports and make it convenient
> for our developers to test their code as early as possible.
>     There are two approaches known to me: 1. Travis CI, 2. Open Build
> Service.  I will try them out and make the choice depending on our
> development cycle.  Of course, I still need everyone's advice+requirement.

We might end up with using both Travis CI and OBS.

The first thing to try with Travis CI seems to be Docker based tests that
don't involve QEMU; this should be relatively straightforward.

OBS approach might not need Docker at all because they provide quite a few
repositories to build for.

QEMU based tests are more interesting, but less trivial; this will likely
involve fixing and/or working around QEMU bugs.

What are you going to try first?