[GSOC 2014] - Yangmin's current work - Re: GSOC: Status update - three students projects allocated to strace!

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Mon May 19 09:06:19 UTC 2014

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 6:24 PM, yangmin zhu <zym0017d at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Yang-Min!
You are new to the list: we do not top post on this list. This means
that you should quote the subset of text your reply is about; and put
the reply _after_ the quoted text you are replying to. See the lkml
style FAQ: we use the same standards. [1]

>   I am now tring a new method in sys_read() from io.c. I am now using
> open_memstream() to mock a FILE* to eliminate the locally alocated
> buffer which are used in my prototype.
[....]

We need to get organized a bit: your project is likely to impact
several areas of strace.
Replying to your comment above is a tad difficult because it lacks a
bit of context ...

So I have many questions for you ....

What would be your approach to submit patches?
How can you organize that such that patches are more easily reviewed
and accepted?
Is your prototype up to date, i.e. have you merged the tip of strace in it?
What about automated testing?
Where does your code live so we can follow your progress?
Could you start submit a simple, limited patch for a start?

[1] http://www.tux.org/lkml/#s3-9

--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne