GSOC: Status update - three students projects allocated to strace!

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Thu May 15 21:02:10 UTC 2014

Sorry for having been a tad quiet lately ...

We are rather spoiled by having three projects allocated to strace for
the GSOC 2014.
The program starts in earnest now and kicks in officially on May 19th ...

The projects are about four distinct topics:

 - Structured JSON output with YangMin Zhu : his prototype is at
https://github.com/zym0017d/strace_GSOC2014
 - Advanced absolute paths decoding; Security enhancements with Zubin
Mithra <zubin.mithra at gmail.com>
 - Improved and more reliable multi-architecture support with Edson
Ticona <xcr33d at gmail.com> His original proposal is at
https://github.com/eds000n/gsoc14/releases/download/gsoc/edsonProposal2.pdf

Edson, YangMin and Zubin:
Welcome to strace!
Time for you to start by introducing yourself to the list and present
your project and approach: what are you going to do?

Prefix your subjects with GSOC so it is easy to search and sort.

All our interactions will go through the list and you should post
frequently enough to keep us abreast of your progress at least weekly
and post patches often.
It would be great to start soon by submitting a small patch for a
start so you guys can get used to the strace ways ...

Also in terms of your project docs, it might make sense to give you
access to the project wiki and have each of you maintain your pages
there.
Dmitry: what do you think?

Let's roll!
--