Q: strace logo

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Fri May 16 11:24:57 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Dmitry V. Levin <ldv at altlinux.org> wrote:
[..]
> I suppose we haven't got a logo yet.  Maybe it's time to get one? :)
> Is anybody aware of any picture that could be used as a strace logo?

A difficult question!

Some ideas that come to mind:
- some trace in the sand, some footprints from feet or shoes, a tire trace...
- a pen and some dotted traced line
- using the S letter in strace which kinda looks like a crooked trace
of sort... and adding some style to it like some dots or swhoosh
- some play with the word stress (hard to picture)
- some play with the word strass (much easier: some shiny gem-like thingie)
- the word strace written with a trace-like font (usually based on dotted lines)
- some dripping paint traces
- some stylized mini gas plant-like picture with lots of pipes

--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne