GSoC: Student Introduction

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at strace.io
Sat Mar 18 12:36:58 UTC 2023

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 02:15:26AM +0530, Shubham Kumar wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> My name is Shubham Kumar and I am a second-year student pursuing a
> Bachelor's degree in Computer Science at Delhi University in Delhi, India.
> I'm interested in kernel-level debugging processes and want to explore more
> about its working environment.
>
>  I checked strace's GSoC project and my skills perfectly match this
> project. I am familiar with eBPF through different packet processing
> frameworks like XDP and TC and also worked in increasing the efficiency of
> the user plane part of the 5g core through these frameworks. I want to work
> on this part(Support for BTF and other BPF decoding improvements).
>
> It would be helpful if you would guide me. Meanwhile, I am going through
> the project and exploring more about the problem statement.

Thank you for showing your interest in contributing to the strace
project. Please take a look at [1], [2], and [3] as starting points
for suitable microprojects. If you have any specific questions, don't
hesitate to ask.

[1] https://strace.io/wiki/MicroProjects
[2] https://strace.io/wiki/FeatureRequests
[3] https://github.com/strace/strace/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+-label%3Apatch