GSOC: introducing myself

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at strace.io
Sat Mar 18 12:23:03 UTC 2023

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 09, 2023 at 04:37:49PM +0800, jiahui tang wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> My name is Tang Jiahui, I am majored in computer science at Beijing
> University of Posts and Telecommunications in China, this is my first
> time to participate in GSOC.and I hope to make more contribution to
> the strace community.
>
> Recently, I used strace to debug and understand system calls in our
> operating system class, and then we implemented a system call profiler
> based on strace to analyze the performance information of system
> calls, so I had a preliminary understanding of strace and became
> interested in it.
>
> I can use c language proficiently, and can use git in Linux.
>
> But I don't have experience in open source and large-scale projects,
> so I don't know how to start, I hope you can give me some
> advice.Thanks!
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.
> Thank you.

Thank you for showing your interest in contributing to the strace
project. Please take a look at [1], [2], and [3] as starting points
for suitable microprojects. If you have any specific questions, don't
hesitate to ask.

[1] https://strace.io/wiki/MicroProjects
[2] https://strace.io/wiki/FeatureRequests
[3] https://github.com/strace/strace/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+-label%3Apatch