[GSOC] : Comprehensive test Suite

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Tue Mar 30 00:27:02 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 04:30:53PM +0530, Deepanshu Udhwani wrote:
[...]
> I have used *STRACE* extensively as an end user and would love to help the
> community to develop it even better.

Thank you for showing your interest in contributing to the strace
project.

> Dear Maintainers,
> I have started working on the micro project that participants need to
> submit as a prerequisite to join this program and will complete the task
> as soon as possible.
>
> There are *few doubts *that I have in my mind and would like to clear them
> up
>

>    - Can I submit my proposal here first, before submitting on GSOC website
>    in order to get a review and detail it better?

It's preferable to submit your proposal here first, submitting it
to the GSoC website would take us more time for review and make the actual
review process slower.

>    - Can my proposal include hyper-links / images or does it need to be  *plain
>    text *?

The proposal has to be self-contained, but of course it may contain
references to other projects.  Plain text is preferable but not mandatory,
the GSoC rules require the final edition to be in pdf anyway.