GSOC strace 2021 idea list

Ákos Uzonyi uzonyi.akos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 15:50:41 UTC 2021

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 at 21:42, Kishan Patel <kp768919 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for acknowledgements, I have gone through the idea list of GSoC 2020 and have also noticed that only one project was undertaken last year among the several other ideas presented here. Also there is a separate page regarding feature list for strace as mentioned here, which is also valid for GSoC, am I right on this ?. I know it would be impossible for me to go through all the strace code modules, however I am looking into the strace.c file and specifically main function related to strace to understand the main code behind strace. I am also interested in a few topics mentioned at website so exactly how should communicate for those topics, is it only on the gmail thread or some other channel for communication.

As far as I know, this mailing list is the only place for
communication (maybe there is an irc channel too, but I think it's not
used much).

Also I suggest you read the guide for new contributors if you haven't
read it already [1]. You will find a few useful information here. For
example on this mailing list we communicate by plain text emails, so
don't use HTML. It's useful to switch gmail to "plain text" mode. In
this mode you can expand the text of the message you are replying to,
so you can bottom post. For links use numbers in square brackets. It's
useful to read some emails on the mailing list archive [2] to see
examples of email communication.

[1] https://strace.io/wiki/NewContributorGuide
[2] https://lists.strace.io/pipermail/strace-devel