Test for hdio.c

Bran S archsbran at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 07:20:27 UTC 2020

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 at 10:25, Eugene Syromiatnikov <esyr at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 07:48:52PM +0530, Bran S wrote:
> > The comprehensive test suite's project detail mentions that to write
> > test scripts one would have to read through the syscall code.
> > I would like to know which syscall testing would require me to do so.
> > So that I can write test for that syscall and move on to write a
> > proposal.
>
> Well, most of the time untested decoders have to be verified that they
> actually decode everything correctly during the test implementation
> (that's the purpose of the decoder test - to check that strace prints
> what it is expected to print), so roughly every untested decoder requires
> cross-checking with the kernel implementation, so, prctl, or UBI_*/PTP_*
> ioctls could be examples of such decoders.

Apart from decoders what are some other type of tests ?
Does the comprehensive test suite project only involve writing
*decoder* tests or others too ?
If so, then how should I go about finding the other types of tests, an
example would be nice. Asking so as to make an outline of working on
them.

Also I could not find directories ltp/testcases/kernel/syscalls, and
sandbox/tests as mentioned on the idea list page[1]
Does the project have anything to do with these directories ?

[1] https://strace.io/wiki/GoogleSummerOfCode2020#Comprehensive_test_suite

Thanks