Test for hdio.c

Eugene Syromiatnikov esyr at redhat.com
Thu Mar 26 04:55:09 UTC 2020

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 07:48:52PM +0530, Bran S wrote:
> The comprehensive test suite's project detail mentions that to write
> test scripts one would have to read through the syscall code.
> I would like to know which syscall testing would require me to do so.
> So that I can write test for that syscall and move on to write a
> proposal.

Well, most of the time untested decoders have to be verified that they
actually decode everything correctly during the test implementation
(that's the purpose of the decoder test - to check that strace prints
what it is expected to print), so roughly every untested decoder requires
cross-checking with the kernel implementation, so, prctl, or UBI_*/PTP_*
ioctls could be examples of such decoders.