GSoC 2020, Hello strace community

Eugene Syromiatnikov esyr at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 18:08:49 UTC 2020

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 05:14:35PM +0530, Dhanuka wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm Dhanuka(He/him) and am a computer science student at University of the
> People[1]. Also, I'm from Sri Lanka. I hope I'm not late to get started.
> After reading the project descriptions, strace project is the only project
> that I'm really interested in contributing to. Because, I always wanted to
> learn about system programming concepts while working on a project. I'm good
> with the C programming language and really don't know anything about system
> programming and very much love to learn system programming concepts while
> contributing to the strace project.
>
> Also, I have contributed to few open source projects including OpenStack[2],
> Ansible[3] and one small patch to the Linux kernel[4].
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.
>
> [1] <https://www.uopeople.edu/>
> [2]
> <https://review.opendev.org/#/q/owner:%22Dhanuka+Warusadura%22+status:merged>
> [3] <https://github.com/ansible/ansible/commits?author=dnuka>
> [4] <https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/10/28/218>
> [5] <https://github.com/dnuka>
>
> Thank you.

Hello.

Thank you for showing your interest in contributing to the strace
project.  Please take a look at [1], [2], [3], [4], and [5] as starting
points.  If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask.

[1] https://strace.io/wiki/NewContributorGuide
[2] https://strace.io/wiki/GoogleSummerOfCode2020
[3] https://strace.io/wiki/MicroProjects
[4] https://strace.io/wiki/FeatureRequests