I want to contribute to strace project

Ayush Dwivedi 21cencturyayush at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 10:41:22 UTC 2020

Thanks a lot Eugene. I have been doing experiments with ptrace lately. I
have been studying kernel syscall API and implementation of C standard
library through the minimal klibc library. As with build technologies like
make I have been experimenting with them as well. I will try to create a
minimal debugging program myself first(tracing process exit status
mostly...then to function return status). For that I will try to get
printed status of all my function calls I do in a process. I am using
strace on the C programs I have written to figure out the many aspects of
the project itself like guessing it's rough workflow. I think after doing
that I will start to get the approximate workflow of strace. I guess by
that I will be able to understand what some of the project code actually
means. Haven't heard of m4 and autotools I will research about them for
sure.I know a little about awk so I will research about it as well. Once
again thank you so much.