[GSOC/RFC] configure script failing

Eugene Syromiatnikov esyr at redhat.com
Fri Feb 28 08:59:15 UTC 2020

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 10:14:15AM +0530, Rohit Sarkar wrote:
> Yes, I hadnt seen this. Although my point was more around, if mpers is
> not supported can the configure script automatically log that and
> continue without mpers support instead of failing.

This[1] change is intentional, as otherwise the support of other
personalities by the strace binary produced as a result of configuring
with default mpers setting is unpredictable, which is considered quite
error-prone.

The situations where compiler/runtime support is sub-par are unusual
and require proper investigation, awareness and consent with regard
to incomplete mpers support.

[1] https://gitlab.com/strace/strace/commit/3eb199a29d29