strace 5.8 released
Dmitry V. Levin
ldv at altlinux.org
Thu Aug 6 18:29:30 UTC 2020
Starting with version 4.13, strace follows the schedule of linux kernel
and new versions of strace are released along with new versions of linux
kernel, so strace 5.8 is tagged and uploaded.
$ git tag -v v5.8 2> /dev/null | sed -n '/^$/,$p'
Noteworthy changes in strace 5.8 (2020-08-06)
* Changes in behaviour
* Modified %process class to contain system calls associated with
process lifecycle (creation, exec, termination):
kill, tkill, tgkill, pidfd_send_signal and rt_sigqueueinfo are added,
arch_prctl and unshare are removed.
* Implemented decoding of faccessat2 syscall.
* Implemented decoding of LOOP_CONFIGURE ioctl command.
* Updated decoding of io_uring_setup syscall to match Linux 5.8.
* Updated lists of AUDIT_*, BPF_*, CAP_*, ETH_*, INET_DIAG_*, IORING_*,
KEYCTL_*, KVM_*, LOOP_*, NDA_*, RTC_*, TCA_*, STATX_*, and *_MAGIC
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 5.8.
* Bug fixes
* Added statx syscall to %fstat trace class.
This release was made possible by the contributions of many people.
The maintainers are grateful to everyone who has contributed
changes or bug reports. These include:
* Chris Packham
* Dmitry V. Levin
* Eugene Syromyatnikov
* Gleb Fotengauer-Malinovskiy
* Janosch Frank
* Steve Langasek
* Sven Schnelle
* Ákos Uzonyi
Please refer to the CREDITS file for the full list of strace contributors.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Strace-devel