Questions about git co-author

Zhibin Li haoyouab at gmail.com
Tue May 28 15:17:44 UTC 2019

Hi,

As you may know, I'm working on DRM ioctl decoding based on Patrik's
patchset.
And I presume that I'm supposed to add some labels in the patches I send
such
as "Co-authored by" to indicate that Patrik and I both work on this.
But here's the question: how can I keep the author of every line of code
correct?
I mean when using git blame we can see who modified a specific line of code.
I tried to squash my modifications with Patrik's original patch but the info
mentioned above is overwritten. Is there any common way to keep it correct?
Does it matter or adding "Co-authored by" is enough?

Thanks,
Zhibin Li