[PATCH 7/9] unwind: add libdw as a unwinder
yamato at redhat.com
Sat Mar 17 18:32:02 UTC 2018
Mark, thank you for replying.
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 02:49:04AM +0900, Masatake YAMATO wrote:
>> > As this piece of code is authored by Mark Wielaard, it's likely
>> > Copyright (c) 2014 Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat.com>
>> Yes. I referred to Mark's patch only.
>> I'm talking to Mark about re-licensing the patch of the commit (using
>> the same license of strace). After getting the permission, I will
>> update the header of my patch in v2 patct set.
> Yes, that is fine.
> Do note that elfutils libdw itself is distributed under the GPL/LGPL.
I'm thinking about putting following notice at the head
of my v2 patch. How, do you think?
* This file is mostly based on git commit
* of ltrace submitted by Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat.com>.
* It is re-licensed by the original author to make adapting this code
* to strace simple.
* NOTE: The unwinder, elfutils libdw itself is distributed under the GPL/LGPL.
* Copyright (c) 2018 Mark Wielaard
* Copyright (c) 2018 The strace developers.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products
* derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
* OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
* IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
* INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
* NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
* DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
* THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
* (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF
* THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
More information about the Strace-devel