strace 4.24 released
Dmitry V. Levin
ldv at altlinux.org
Tue Aug 14 01:49:40 UTC 2018
Starting with version 4.13, strace follows the schedule of linux kernel
and new versions of strace are released along with new versions of linux
kernel, so strace 4.24 is tagged and uploaded.
strace 4.24 would not be as good as it is without significant assistance
by Eugene Syromyatnikov.
$ git tag -v v4.24 2> /dev/null | sed -n '/^$/,$p'
Noteworthy changes in strace 4.24 (2018-08-14)
* Implemented decoding of kvm vcpu exit reason (-e kvm=vcpu option),
requires Linux kernel version 4.16.0 or higher.
* Implemented decoding of KVM_SET_CPUID2 and KVM_GET_*_CPUID ioctl commands.
* Enhanced decoding of corner cases of SO_LINGER, SO_PEERCRED,
and PACKET_STATISTICS getsockopt options.
* Wired up io_pgetevents and rseq syscalls on hppa, microblaze, mips, powerpc,
* Updated lists of AUDIT_*, BPF_*, IFA_*, IFLA_*, RTA_*, RTPROT_*, TCP_*,
TRAP_*, and UDP_* constants.
* Updated lists of ioctl commands from Linux 4.18.
* Bug fixes
* Fixed decoding of Q_XGETQSTAT on non-native personalities.
* Fixed race condition in aio test.
* Fixed build with Bionic libc.
* Fixed build with glibc-2.28.
* Fixed build in exotic systemd-nspawn based environments.
* Fixed build on s390 with kernel headers that do not contain Linux commit
This release was made possible by the contributions of many people.
The maintainers are grateful to everyone who has contributed
changes or bug reports. These include:
* Chen Jingpiao
* Dmitry V. Levin
* Elliott Hughes
* Eugene Syromyatnikov
* Gleb Fotengauer-Malinovskiy
* Masatake YAMATO
* Pierre Marsais
* Zhibin Li
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Strace-devel