GSoC 2017: proposal

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Fri Mar 31 20:45:43 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 03:51:41AM +0300, Edgar Kaziahmedov wrote:
> This is my proposal, please review
>
> I am waiting for feedback and on my last days I am doing changes to
> specify information.
>
> https://github.com/edosedgar/xs-pkg/blob/master/proposal.txt

My idea of a syscall information tool was different.  I was thinking
of a static information query tool (well, maybe not 100% static if some
tests of running kernel were implemented).

strace already stores a lot of information about syscalls in syscallent.h
files so it would be nice to get as much as possible from it, and from
structured output's descriptions when available.

When structured output is fully merged, the asinfo tool with a nice
ncurses output described in your proposal would be more natural to
implement as a parser of json output produced by strace.