How to build strace

Eugene Syromyatnikov evgsyr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:37:26 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 6:53 AM, Saba Arshad <sabarshad1000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Sir / Ma'am,
>
> My name is Saba Arshad. I am MS student at COMSATS Institute of Information
> Technology Islamabad. I am developing an Android Security System. For my
> research, i need to get the system calls of the Android applications that
> are installed on the device. I have downloaded the strace tool and working
> with ubuntu. I have problems while strace build operation. when i apply
> "make" operation is shows the error in the pathtrace.c file (first use in
> this function)
>  Can anyone please help me to remove this error??

I am not sure what exactly you are doing, but i think the build
process for (recent version of) strace for Android has been pretty
much covered recently in Eliott Hughes' e-mail [1], may be it contains
answer to your question. If it does not, please do not hesitate to ask
more specific questions, thanks.