Introduction

Eugene Syromyatnikov evgsyr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 18:19:13 UTC 2017

On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 5:06 PM, Kommuru jai shankar reddy
<kommurujaishankarreddy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>        I'm jaya shankar,. Computer science student of national institute of
> technology andhra pradesh, India
> I have used strace for my mini project for tracing system calls of malware
> executables and it helped me a lot.
> I want to contribute to the community and apply as student for GSOC 2k18.
> I'm having knowledge of kernel, C, git and basics of networking.
> So, it would be great if any one suggest me some tasks for micro projects
> for gsoc, some bugs to fix for a beginner like me.

Thank you for showing interest in strace.

Please take a look at [1], [2], and [3] as starting points. As Chen
JingPiao also noted recently [4], there is an ongoing effort to add
netlink protocol decoding support to strace, which may be of interest,
taking in account aforementioned background.

If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/strace/wiki/Guide%20for%20new%20contributors/
[2] https://sourceforge.net/p/strace/wiki/Microprojects/
[3] https://sourceforge.net/p/strace/wiki/FeatureRequests/
[4] https://sourceforge.net/p/strace/mailman/message/36168713/