Introduction

JingPiao Chen chenjingpiao at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 13:21:40 UTC 2017

On 12/25 06:12, Harsha Sharma wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hi.

> I'm Harsha Sharma, a sophomore student at Indian Institute of
> Technology,  Roorkee, India.
> I have knowledge of C, git, shell programming, kernel programming, gdb
> and parsers and currently working as outreachy intern in Linux-kernel
> (project nftables - Network filtration tool).
> Strace is one of my favorite tools in linux and want to contribute to
> the community.
>  I have looked into the mail archives about getting started and
> submitted two small patches. I have tried to understand the test
> infrastructure and will like to add some tests or fix some of the
> existing tests.
> It'll be great if someone can suggest either some tests or any other
> small bug-fix that I can work upon.
> Thanks :)

I think write netlink socket parser is suited for you. This is a GSoC 2016
and 2017 project. The part of netfilter has not implemented yet.
I working on it, but recent I am busy. If you are interested in it, please
tell me.

More information:

strace GSoC 2017 netlink socket parsers:
https://ppiao.github.io/2017/08/22/strace-gsoc-2017-netlink-socket-parser.html

My current work of netfilter parser:
(Need to fix.)
https://github.com/ppiao/strace