Welcome to GSOC students!

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Mon May 2 21:38:25 UTC 2016

I would like to welcome the four GSOC students that have been selected
to contribute to strace this year.
Congratulations! At this stage please introduce yourself and your
project to the list.

Except for rare private matters, communications always go through this
mailing list.
We expect frequent posts from you --at least twice a week-- to provide
everyone with your status and early patches.
I will come up with more details and a few guidelines soon.
We could also organize a few chat sessions on IRC to discuss the logistics.

For the unlucky ones that were not selected: thank you for submitting
a project proposal. It was a difficult process to select four among so
many great projects proposals (ignoring the couple of spam proposals
we always get). We received fewer project slots that we would have
liked and with more projects than slots --even if your proposal was
great-- we had to make a hard choice, taking into consideration many
factors such as your skills, your motivation, the proposal quality,
your commitment and your ability to complete and succeed and also our
capacity to mentor.

Several of you have started making valuable contributions to strace:
it would be great if you continue to contribute to strace outside of
the GSOC. After all, we are all volunteers here: you will receive the
same support and coaching as everyone else would.  And you can build
up valuable skills and do good for everyone using strace.
And of course you can submit a GSOC project proposal again next year.
--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne