GSoC projects

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Thu Mar 10 19:37:25 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 4:41 AM, Cristina-Gabriela Moraru
<cristina.moraru09 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Cristina Moraru and I am a software engineer from Romania
> currently a student in a Master's program. I am interested in Netlink socket
> parsers and Fault injection for syscalls projects from GSoC proposals and I
> would like to familiarize with them and start contributing. My experience so
> far with Linux Kernel includes an university course of driver development
> and an internship at The Linux Foundation within Outreachy program (December
> 2015-March 2016) in which I developed drivers in the Industrial I/O
> subsystem. What do you suggest to start with ?

Welcome to strace and thank you for considering this little project
for your GSOC!
The first step would be to get familiar with the codebase and ensure
you can build it and run tests.
Then read the mailing list archive for previous discussions that could
be relevant.

And let's wait for Gabriel to chime on specifics about the two project
ideas that are interesting to you.
Note that you are also welcomed to propose a project that is not
listed as an idea.

--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne