[GSoC 2016] Comprehensive Testing Suite

Jay Joshi jay.r.joshi100 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:24:12 UTC 2016

Hello strace-devs,

My name is Jay Joshi, I'm a Computer Engineering student from Nirma
University. I've been interested in wide variety of system calls. I had
come across strace when I was working on Online Judge, where I wanted a
reliable tool to filter out some dangerous system calls. I find it very
interesting.
I've gone through codebase, in particular, strace/tests, I observe that
task is to print the output in specific format and matching it with the
output of strace real execution,

Do we have to consider every case for error:
For example, for "chmod" system call, should the test cover every possible
error that "chmod" might throw?