[GSoC 2016] Netlink socket parser

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Tue Mar 8 16:55:30 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 5:12 AM, Piyush Pangtey <gokuvsvegita at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm Piyush Pangtey , an undergradute student at NIT Uttarakhand India.
> I'm interested in doing strace's "structured output" project.
> The idea of adding structured output functionality to strace is
> wonderfull, it's output can be further utilized by user made programs
> without any need of writing the same code again ,for example
> https://clusterbuffer.wordpress.com/strace-analyzer  .
>
> It was mentioned that there was a GSoC'14 project on this , and I
> would like to know how many output formats support were implemented .
> Is this project just a code cleanup work of previous GSoC project?

Welcome to strace!
As I said in a previous post, the structured output is not for the
faint of heart as it would touch a
_lot_ of strace code.
Check the mailing list archive for related discussions and patches. [1]
You can also check pointers in the wiki pages [2]

Unrelated, your post subject seems to be about sockets and netlink,
not a structured output.
--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne