GSOC 2016

Ayush Goel ayush12029 at iiitd.ac.in
Thu Mar 3 18:44:32 UTC 2016

Hey guys,
Firstly I’d like to know if you guys are participating in this year’s edition of GSOC?

I got extremely excited when I came across this tool. I’ve been working on something similar for the past one year. I’ve been trying to see if there’s a perfect semantic similarity between two versions of the same library, by comparing their sequence of system calls. The tool i’m building assumes that the end user won’t have any access to the library’s source code, so I’m only working with binaries. I dynamically instrument them, using tools like Intel’s pin, bit blaze and then extract the sequence of system calls.

I’ve gathered sufficient information about the topic, and would really love to take up a project for the upcoming summers as a part of GSOC. It would be kind of you to give me the list of projects proposed, before I come up with some projects of my own.

Thanks
Ayush Goel