make check failing on times with -m32

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Thu Jan 14 02:31:01 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 05:00:30AM +0300, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 05:33:08PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>[...]
>> Thanks, that seems to work - all the tests pass now.
>>
>> 4.11-1 is in Debian incoming right now with this as the only code
>> change on top of what was released in 4.11.
>
>According to https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=strace
>it failed several tests on some architectures.
>
>I'm not surprised by mips test failures since mips had relatively poor
>prerelease testing, but arm and alpha were expected to pass their tests.
>
>Unfortunately, "make check" was made without VERBOSE=1 specified,
>so there are no details why those tests failed.
>
>Steve, could you re-run "make check" with VERBOSE=1
>on failed architectures to get some details?

Coincidentally, I've just been doing exactly that already this
evening. I'm in the middle of hacking on a script to run tests
periodically on the various Debian porter boxes, so should be able to
give you some better and more timely results in future too.

Results from VERBOSE=1 shortly.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
The two hard things in computing: