make check failing on times with -m32

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Thu Jan 14 02:00:30 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 05:33:08PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
[...]
> Thanks, that seems to work - all the tests pass now.
>
> 4.11-1 is in Debian incoming right now with this as the only code
> change on top of what was released in 4.11.

According to https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=strace
it failed several tests on some architectures.

I'm not surprised by mips test failures since mips had relatively poor
prerelease testing, but arm and alpha were expected to pass their tests.

Unfortunately, "make check" was made without VERBOSE=1 specified,
so there are no details why those tests failed.

Steve, could you re-run "make check" with VERBOSE=1
on failed architectures to get some details?