./bootstrap failing

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Wed Mar 4 15:16:24 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 08:48:11AM -0500, Christopher Covington wrote:
> I'm getting the following error:
>
> ./bootstrap
> ln: failed to create symbolic link `tests-m32/Makefile': File exists

Thanks, fixed.

> Should the operation perhaps be forced or only performed if a link doesn't
> already exist?

A forced linking may lead to overwriting build results.
Why anyone might want this behavior?

With regards to skipping all already existing files, I have no use cases
for it, so I'm not sure of side effects.  If you use ./bootstrap in a way
where this behavior might be useful, please submit a tested patch.