GSOC2015-A comprehensive test suite

Rohan Bavishi rohan.bavishi95 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:45:07 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

My name is Rohan Bavishi, and I am a 2nd year student at Indian Institute
of Technology, Kanpur in the Computer Science department. I have had a fair
introduction to system programming through semester projects and have used
strace to study some small programs.

I do not have much experience in syscall internals,so I am pretty drawn to
the suggested project of adding code to the test-suite, as I see it as a
wonderful opportunity to learn the basics as well as contributing to open
source.

I have a pretty strong grasp on C, shell-scripting and Git which I think
will help me in grasping the code fast. I would greatly appreciate any
advice on how to go about doing the same. Also could anyone describe the
project a bit more, with regards to the areas into which the test suite is
likely to be extended.

Here is a link to my LinkedIn profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/rbavishi
and my Github profile: https://github.com/rbavishi (P2P Dropbox is a
relevant project regarding system programming)

Thanks and regards,
Rohan Bavishi