strace logo sillyness

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Mon Feb 23 21:32:27 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Alangi Derick <alangiderick at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Mr. Philippe, i did something and i am still working on it for a
> better design. But just have a look at this demo i did and it the
> mailing list likes it, then i will just package it and make it
> available to you at once but if there is something to be added to it
> or any changes, then i will make changes at once and upload the
> modified Logo. Please reply me on your own opinion about the logo.
>          Thanks

Alangi:
May be I was not explicit enough.
I appreciate your enthusiasm and I thank you for this logo, but we do
not have much need for a logo.
If someone wants to comment on this then great.
But your logo efforts will not be appreciated here in general.

We need code. We need tests and a test infrastructure.
If you want to be useful this is were you need to focus ... not on logos.
This logo-related discussion is likely to be considered as noise by
most everyone on this list. I am sorry to have started it.

To be useful, learn our code, teach yourself about system calls and
more and come back with patches and code-related questions.
Check some of the past year GSOC project ideas and do your homework
first. Search this list.
One of the focus for this year is tests and testing. If you can build
a decent multiarch testing environment, or something to fuzz syscalls
on systematic basis or else, these could be valuable contributions.
Not logos.
--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne