GSOC strace participation update

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Wed Apr 9 15:51:08 UTC 2014

Distinguished tracers:

At this stage the strace project has received three slots for three
students projects by the Google Summer of Code program....
This is rather awesome!
Between now and next week we will be accepting students proposals proper.

We have received only a few but rather high quality proposals from
qualified and motivated students, most of which have engaged with the
community on this list.
The projects proposals we are considering are about structured output,
improved path decoding, improvement to strace security and
improvements to multiarchitecture support.

Once the GSOC work starts in earnest (and likely before) all the work
of the students will come through the list, here.
We can all participate "naturally" to coach the students work by
reviewing the proposed patches and designs the same way other
contributions are discussed on the list.

If some of you are interested in participating more formally as
official mentors you can sign up here:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2014/about_page
and express your interest in the list too.

Cordially
--
Philippe Ombredanne