Q: can rlim_t be a long long type on linux

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Sat Mar 17 17:17:30 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 05:45:51PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 16 March 2012 16:18:33 Andreas Schwab wrote:
> > "Dmitry V. Levin" writes:
> > > Is it correct that rlim_t cannot be a long long type on linux,
> > > or am I missing something?
> >
> > x32 is going to be the first.
>
> mips/n32 doesn't ?

btw, how one can reliably identify that kind of information
just looking at the kernel?

For example, we have an oddness in file.c with several different
definitions of sys_lseek, one for HAVE_LONG_LONG_OFF_T, another for
!HAVE_LONG_LONG_OFF_T, and yet another one for LINUX_MIPSN32 where
off_t is actually emulated via "long long".  How could it be that
off_t is not a "long long" type but lseek takes a "long long"
argument?