Feature requests: list of PIDS, and all threads

Denys Vlasenko dvlasenk at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 13:02:11 UTC 2012

On 03/09/2012 01:56 PM, Alexander Kriegisch wrote:
> [Oh please, set Reply-To in the mailing list as a header. Againt, my
> first shot was a private answer to someone because the list is only on CC.]

strace is not my project, so it's easy to me to evade this your request :)

>> I think you should not run strace. Write a separate tool
>> which post process the logs. Such as this.
>
> My script was just a quick-shot skeleton and good enough for me. Why not
> share it?

Now it is in strace git. Maybe we will even "make install it" :)

> And I do like one-stop shopping, so why not run strace?

Because in Unix, every tool does one job. This simplifies things.
For example, you no longer need to decide whether to delete
the logs: whoever uses the script can do what he pleases...

--
vda