Release plans?

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Thu Feb 9 16:29:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 06:18:22PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2012-02-07, Dmitry V. Levin <ldv at altlinux.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 03:33:44PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> >
> >> Are there any plans to release a new version any time soon?
> >
> > Unless we want to enable PTRACE_SEIZE support by default (which is a nice
> > feature, but in that case we would have to wait for a stable kernel API,
> > so I'm not sure about it), I suppose we can release a new version in the
> > early spring.
> >
> > Opinions?
>
> Just to be clear, I'm not trying to push for a release.

The current release was made in March of 2011, we have 228 commits on top
of 4.6 so far, including some important internal and user-visible changes,
so a new version in March would be quite natural.

But I'd like to hear from Denys about PTRACE_SEIZE perspective first.
We surely won't release PTRACE_SEIZE_DEVEL code enabled by default because
the kernel API might change.