upcoming release: what needs to be done

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Fri Apr 27 17:59:23 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 03:38:06AM +0400, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 11:26:06PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Monday 12 March 2012 17:50:48 Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> > > There is quite enough good stuff accumulated in strace.git since v4.6 to
> > > have a new release soon.  If there are no objections, here is a list of
> > > pre-release work to be done for this release:
> > >
> > > - merge pending patches if any (please speak up);
> > > - test on supported non-x86 architectures;
> > > - update the NEWS file;
> > > - sync and update strace.spec and debian/* files.
> >
> > anything still pending ?
>
> The NEWS file; unfortunately, it was not updated since v4.6, and we now
> have some 371 commits to be condensed into the list of noteworthy changes.
> Well, I cannot be excused from completing this task anyway, just let me a
> bit more time.

I've finally managed to review all those commits and update the NEWS file.
Of course I could miss something, so please have a look.

I suggest to test HEAD once more on available architectures, to ensure that
we haven't accidentally broken something last month.  If there are no
regressions, we could release 4.7 in the middle of the next week.