approaching 4.6 release

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Tue Mar 15 02:21:41 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 09:17:15PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> alpha: passes `make distcheck` and seems to work.  has build warnings:
> strace.c: In function ‘trace’:
> strace.c:2657: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘ptrace’ makes integer from pointer without a cast
> defs.h:162: note: expected ‘long int’ but argument is of type ‘struct siginfo_t *’

defs.h does unspeakably ugly things which yield to very arch-specific
ptrace prototype.  I have no idea why all this mess was necessary.

The warning itself is harmless.

> process.c: In function ‘printwaitn’:
> process.c:1949: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘printrusage32’

This is a quite old alpha-specific warning; easy to fix.

> signal.c: In function ‘sys_sigprocmask’:
> signal.c:1793: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘sprintsigmask’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
> signal.c:313: note: expected ‘struct sigset_t *’ but argument is of type ‘long int’

Another quite old alpha-specific warning; looks harmless.

> arm: passes `make distcheck` and seems to work.  has build warnings:
> signal.c: In function ‘sys_rt_sigaction’:
> signal.c:1997: warning: left shift count >= width of type

I saw this warning myself.  That part of code is unreachable on 32-bit
architectures, so it's harmless.

Thanks,