departure

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 18:27:12 UTC 2011

Friends, I am withdrawing from the maintenance and development of strace.
I have not done much material work for quite a while now, so this won't
be much of a change in practice, but I'm making it formal now.  Dmitry is
already the de facto lead maintainer now, and he has earned the role and
recognition as the head of the project.

I'm glad I was able to revive the project from its dormancy and to
contribute to the 4.5 series of releases over these last few years.
I'm very grateful to everyone who has contributed code, testing, and
bug reports to strace, and most especially to Dmitry.

Dmitry already has full admin privileges for the sourceforge project and
the Fedora package.  I'll stay a member of the project on sourceforge
since there's no reason not to, but Dmitry is fully in charge of that.
I'll remain the official Fedora package owner at least for the coming
release cycle to help Dmitry adapt to the Fedora procedures, but Dmitry
and Andreas already have full access and control there and they already
do all the real work.

I'll fall off this mailing list in the next week or two.
If you need to contact me about strace after March 11,
please use the address <roland at hack.frob.com> (the alias
<roland at users.sourceforge.net> will forward there, too).

Thanks,
Roland