release soon?

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Tue Jul 7 22:06:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 01:24:12PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Sorry for the long period of neglect.  I'd like to get 4.5.19 out soon now.
> AFAIK the current state of the git tree is more or less fine as it is.

Commit v4.5.18-96-geb9e2e8 which reverts a lot of unapproved changes
introduces regressions.  For example, in system without /proc mounted,
command "strace -f -o/dev/null autoreconf -fisv" executed in strace
directory produces "/proc/NNNNN/status: No such file or directory" messages.
Stracing long-running command like "./configure" also causes these
messages when interrupted by SIGINT.

Is there any need to hurry with 4.5.19 release?