4.5.17 release soon!

Frederik Schueler fs at debian.org
Tue Jul 22 07:16:43 UTC 2008

Hi!

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 05:37:23PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I will send you an updated debian dir patch later today.
>
> I committed those.

great thanks.

> > There are build problems on three architectures:
> >
> > sparc
> > http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=strace&ver=4.5.16%2Bcvs20080708-2&arch=sparc&stamp=1216312916&file=log
>
> The sparc kernel removed its asm/a.out.h, meaning linux/a.out.h also goes.
> I don't know what we ever needed it for, but it's obsolete now.  I removed
> the #include.  If there is still a sparc build issue, we'll have to follow
> that up later.

OK we'll see with the next upload. when 4.5.17 is done.

> > hppa
> > http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=strace&ver=4.5.16%2Bcvs20080708-2&arch=hppa&stamp=1216312996&file=log
> >
> > and m68k
> > http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=strace&ver=4.5.16%2Bcvs20080708-1&arch=m68k&stamp=1216264430&file=log
>
> These are both due to the build's installed <sys/user.h> (from glibc) being
> bogus, or at least incompatible with the kernel headers.  I'd call that a
> bug for the Debian glibc or kernel-headers packages, really.

I sent the build logs to the porters lists and asked for help,
considering the importance of the package I am sure we will get some
feedback soon :)

One last thing:

contains a couple of missing system calls on hppa, if you add those we
can close that bug too.

Best regards
Frederik Schüler

--