4.5.17 release soon!

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 07:56:58 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 07:31:55PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
>Hi!  I got through some more backlog today.  I think what's in cvs now is
>close to all we should do before 4.5.17 goes out.
>
>If there are regressions from 4.5.16 or bugs with simple fixes, please tell
>me ASAP.  If I don't hear objections by the weekend, I'll release 4.5.17 on
>the weekend or Monday.
>
>Whatever else is outstanding we can address for the next release.  I'll try
>not to let it go so long this time.  We can have a new release whenever we
>have several stable new fixes in.

I've accumulated a handful of patches to cope with some failures here,
fwiw:
http://repo.or.cz/w/buildroot.git?a=tree;f=package/strace;hb=master
(I've sent those to this list some time ago but don't remember any
feedback).
The only hunk that i'm undecided on is the strace-undef-syscall.patch
which was needed for ARM_EABI which doesn't declare those obsolescent
syscalls: Should they be cought nevertheless like the patch does, or
should they be unavailable if the respective syscalls are unavailable
(since suddenly going EABI->OABI will do no good anyway)?

thanks and cheers,
Bernhard