Fwd: strace internals

Karthikeyan M karthikeyan.m at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 03:36:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am trying to understand how strace works, i.e. the internals of strace.
I am currently doing that by stepping through strace using gdb.

Is there any documentation that I can read to get started ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

Karthik

To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent
persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of
honest critics; to appreciate beauty; to give of one's self; to leave
the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or
a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with
enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has
breathed easier because you have lived--that is to have succeeded.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson