mips support in 4.5.14?

Chris Steel chriszaurus at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 20 20:40:57 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to build strace 4.5.14 for mips. I've
previously built for i386 and arm without problems, so
I'm fairly confident in my build process. However, I'm
not sure that the current version of strace is
compatible with the 2.6.17 kernel headers as it's
looking for things that aren't there.

The first thing I can't find is on line 1423 of
signal.c where strace is looking for tcp->u_arg[1] =
sc.sc_sigset;
In the kernel headers there's a comment that
scsigset[0 - 3] was replaced in the 2.6.14.kernel.
When I fixed that I  get a missing include file
<asm/sysmips.h> in system.c

Do I need to get a patch from somewhere to get strace
to compile with a recent kernel for mips?

cheers

Chris