strace 4.4.93 test release

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 19:01:01 UTC 2003

I've made another test release of strace.  I've switched back to the
vanilla source tarball naming convention (strace-4.4.93.tar.bz2).  The
Debian .orig.tar.gz is identical but gzip'd instead of bzip2'd and thus
much larger.  The Debian .diff.gz is empty.

This time I put only the source tarball on sourceforge, and this is
probably what I will do from now on.  Sources in .deb/.rpm form and
binaries will be coming soon to a Debian archive (courtesy of buildd) and a
Red Hat Rawhide (ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/) mirror near you.

Primarily this version fixes bugs on PPC and S390 (Linux).  Also, it groks
more ptrace commands and there are other minor fixes.

If you find any new problems, or know of any outstanding ones, please tell me.
If there are already Debian BTS reports or Red Hat Bugzilla reports for
your problem, please refer me to those numbers rather than posting new ones.
(I still haven't looked at all of the old Debian reports.)

Enjoy,
Roland