[SSI-devel] strace on Alpha with SSI

Brian J. Watson Brian.J.Watson at hp.com
Mon Feb 24 15:42:09 UTC 2003

Roland McGrath wrote:
>>Are the linux versions of ssisys, rfork, rexecve much like the
>>UnixWare ones?  If they are you should be able to do a bit better
>>than printargs.  sys_ssisys is system.c, #ifdef'ed on HAVE_NSCSYS_H.
>

> I don't know anything about this and don't have such a machine to examine.
> If someone familiar with those interfaces wants to send a patch, I'll put
> it in.

They're interfaces specific to OpenSSI clustering (and Non-Stop Clusters
for UnixWare). The rfork() and rexecve() calls allow a process to
remotely fork and exec to another node in the cluster. The ssisys() call
is undocumented. It serves as a single syscall number for the OpenSSI
membership API.

Not sure you need to put these in, unless Red Hat's ready to ship
OpenSSI clustering with Advanced Server. ;)

Brian