Strace port to SuperH SH5

Thomas,Stephen stephen.thomas at superh.com
Tue Apr 8 01:17:03 UTC 2003

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your mail. Re. the setbpt etc. functions, I realize this is no longer used in linux, but is it still used on other systems? Or is it now completely obselete? I notice that most architecures still implement these. So is there any value in leaving this code there? (not that I have the ability to build or test for anything other than linux!). The SHmedia port uses the new mechanism (via arg0_offset etc.), & I have verified that the '-f' option works OK.

Re. the syscall numbers in syscallent.h, SHmedia linux is still only V2.4, & likely to remain that way for some time. Can we send an update for V2.5 later please?

Thanks,

Steve Thomas
SuperH (UK) Ltd.