About capture the system calls of daemon process

Wenjian Luo wjluo at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Tue Jul 23 03:48:04 UTC 2002

Dear all,
	I want to capture the system calls of daemon process.
Now I meet two related questions:
  (1)for telnet or ftp server, and so on:
	Because the ftp server (such as wu-ftp) or telnet sever (such as
/usr/sbin/in.telnetd) are activated by xinetd, how to capture
their system call sequences by strace?
     I try to capture xinetd, by it is too hard to separate the
the system calls of in.telnetd, wu-ftp, and others.

   (2)for lpd (print server) or httpd (http server), and so on:
there are executed by /usr/sbin/lpd or /usr/sbin/httpd,
how to capture it?
   It seem that "strace -f -o myoutfile /usr/sbin/lpd " does not
work properly.

Thanks.